Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Somebody gonna get-a hurt...

... real bad! Yes, I've been watching Russell Peters just like everybody else. Why? Cuz he's hilarious, ear-bleedingly foul language aside. For those who don't know, here's a link to his most renowned (and most quoted) skit, involving the famous line about getting hurt. Which also tells you exactly what it is I'm wasting so much of my time on these days - d'oh! Otherwise, weather's rotten outside, which isn't nice. On a different note, there's a few decisions I need to make today. One concerns a request made by a friend of C's who works for her. Its her birthday party on Saturday. We're invited and she apparently dropped a casual question about whether I would bring my keys and play a little at the party. Which puts me in a bit of a dilemma; yes, I have played at people's parties before, and I've also done so for free occasionally. However, these were typically either fellow musicians like Ralf or Jochen, people I love and who would do (or have done) the same thing for me. Or, its been friends whom I was happy to do a favour 'cos I knew it would be appreciated, people I go back some time with, that kind of thing. It's not about needing to get paid (I'm not Ray Charles), it's just about respect for what I do. Few things make me feel more humiliated than playing a couple of hours for a party of people, then just packing up quietly and moseying off like it wasn't a big thing, or like it was something I just did to please myself. I don't. I wouldn't. We've have a ton of great parties here at our house with people who appreciate jamming, making music together or kicking back and listening for a bit. I have two great bands and a worship team where I get all the musical highs I could ever ask for. That's where I get my kicks, or "where my heart is", to put it in Christianese. Ach, I don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home