Thursday, February 09, 2006

Movie reviews aren't...

...necessarily my cup of tea. C and I typically don't make it to a cinema more than once a year (yes, really), so I'm nobody's expert on the topic. However, I have checked the odd movie website before (Hitchhiker's Guide, Ray, etc.) and I tend to be quite interested in what's new. Just came across advertising for "Elementarteilchen", a new German movie. So, I thought I'd surf to the website and mosey around. Yikes! Talk about doing dirt cheap. There. Is. Nothing. On. The. Site. Just a really dull animation and utter nothingness to do, look at, click on, or whatever. No bios, no storyline, not even a stupid flash game or win-a-t-shirt contest. The single thing you can actually DO there is watch the trailer. So I'm like great, let's watch the trailer. Click on it, extra window pops up, asks you what size trailer you wanna see. Unthinkingly, I go for "medium", which usually suits my DSL connection best. And then - you get a player with a screen about the size of a postage stamp! Couldn't believe it - just how cash-starved (or insanely mean and penny-pinching) must the German movie industry be! The mind boggles...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Given the fact that you are dealing with tiny elementary particles here, to me it all seems appropriate...
As i am just recovering from an (albeit fantastic) French movie- Caché - Hidden, i guess i am not in the mood to watch this Houellebecq mind game any time soon. Unless convinced otherwise by a decent movie critic of course. BBC 5's Mark Kermode is my man!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home