Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Life in the fast lane

On my first day of fasting right here (Wednesdays work well for me). Bit odd, but I've gotten past brekkie and lunch so far and am feeling okay. Feeling a bit woozy, but not as bad as the bloke in the picture, I guess. C came home earlier all upset because there's a kid in one of her classes who gets beaten up badly at home. Apparently, the school only just found out about it and will be involving the "Jugendamt" ASAP. Crazy stuff - the kid wouldn't do his homework, he'd be told to come in for extra hours at school as punishment, but wouldn't show up for them. In our system, that kind of misbehaviour could get you into seeerious trouble. Turns out there was a reason for him not showing; his stepmother would time him when he was supposed to go in for those extra lessons, then beat him if he didn't get back quickly enough. How cruel and heartless can you get? Makes ME believe in "homo homini lupus est" alright - screw humanism, it's a load of nonsense from where I'm sitting. I mean seriously, how could ANYONE believe in the good in mankind against such evidence? Makes me sick to even think about it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Good luck. Let's hope "fast and furious" isn't around the corner!

8:29 PM  
Blogger eddyquette said...

cheers mate! Well funny...

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home