Monday, January 30, 2006

If you're going nowhere, fast

Bleeargh! Heya blogosphere - whadda morning for it. In fact, I think I will be doing what the title says; I wanna try out fasting once a week. A) because all that flab needs getting rid of, but more importantly B) 'cos I'm hoping it might improve my faith life as well as motivating me to finally get back up on the discipline horse. Things have kind of slipped out of hand recently, which has been enjoyable, but doesn't really work in light of where I'm trying to go and what I want to be. Yer know, it's all fun and games not having to hold down a "proper job" (I finally quit my weekly commitment with CultureClick), but the idea isn't really for me to spend all that freed-up time glued to my computer or daydreaming. I know, I know, you're all dying with envy just reading about my life, but I promise you, the fun of it really does wear thin quicker than you (or I, come to think of it) would ever have believed. See, I'm supposed to be a student right now, and in fact I took a long time making that decision in the first place because I know how flaky I can be. I abso-posi-lutely want to pile-drive my way through this study course as quickly as I possibly can. One, because me studying means we're living off C's money (with me contributing through gigs, seminars, etc.), which makes me feel obliged not to just sit around doing nothing, and secondly 'cos I want to move on, get a life, get God and go where he wants me to. Whiddelse? Had a fan-tastic weekend - mostly just relaxing with C; we went over to Gaggenau to help C's younger sister move house on Sat, then went for the most gloriousest winter walk ever on Sunday after church. We also watched "About a Boy" for the first time, which tells you just how up-to-date we are when it comes to all things cinematic. Okay, that's not entirely fair, we'd both read the book and tend to avoid movies of stories we liked on paper. Oh BTW, we watched "Så som i Himmelen" last weekend and thought it was the bees' knees - ultra-cute, melancholy but with a twist of humour wound through it. Okay, so the ending was kind of pathetic, but even that gets contrasted by the images of Daniel (the main character) in the bathroom. Hokel dokel, I musht get back to life, then. Seeeya! a.ndy + horsesmouth + the new Billy G

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, "Wie im Himmel" is very nice. I saw it even in Cambodia (well, not in a movie house, but among friends)

Norbert
nhklein@gmx.net

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home