Monday, February 13, 2006

Feelings are a strange...

...kettle of fish sometimes. I'm sitting just a couple of yards across the room from C, who's busily typing away at her preparations for tomorrow's teaching exam (Number Two out of a gruelling series of four). I've been in this self-same room with her almost the entire day, chatting back and forth occasionally, helping her out a bit, getting stuff done. And yet, here I am, doing one of the things I enjoy most at the mo' (picking my nose while eating a mars bar - no, blogging, of course!) and suddenly I feel a real pang of missing her. Like, all I need to do is just get up, reach over and touch her. And still, here's this wave of sudden loneliness sweeping over me. Call it children's instinct, soppy foolishness, neurosis, or whatever - I'm off to get a hug, pronto...
(This, obviously, is another Nashville souvenir - no, not the girl, the pic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home