Saturday, February 18, 2006

Country roads...

...took me home yesterday for a couple of appointments, all of which turned out really rather well. First up was a visit with my, dunno, church superintendent or whatever you call the head pastor of a group of churches. Top bloke anyway - I'd asked for a 30 minute slot 'cos I know how busy he is and all I really needed from him was fairly trivial formal stuff. We ended up chatting for over 2 hours which he just blocked off for me as if it were nothing. Incwedible! People can be so nice sometimes... Anyway, I came away with his blessing and a bunch of books for me to read. Yeeha! The next bit was even nicer, though - I had lunch with my Dad at a quiet little restaurant. We were almost the only people there and got to talk a lot; meaningful stuff, too, not just banter. My Dad and I have come a long way, I guess, and it really showed yesterday. I had no hard feelings, we weren't awkward, and I think both of us were able to show the other how much we love him, which is more than could be said for the last twenty-odd years of our life before that. Yes, more than one tear was brushed manfully from sight - it was heartwarmingly, life-affirmingly good. Sorry if all this kitsch is making you sick - I'm just doing what the whole blogsphere is on about all the time and being honest. So, from there I took a series of increasingly smaller and more winding roads across country to see this guy whose big event we'll be playing at in June. Cool - the place is an old chateau situated in the middle of a golf course out in the sticks. Secluded, but neat. How on earth 500 people are supposed to find it is beyond me, but apparently that's how many show up every year. Sorry' bout the goofy grin, BTW...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home