Friday, December 29, 2006

Oo-err, its been a while....

So, hello again and, with some delay, merry happy Christmahannukwanzakah to all of you! Yes, I'm terribly, teary-eyedly sorry for the extended silence gone between this and the post before it, but, as always, I was busy. Yes, I know, yada yada yada and stop being self-important. But its true! Anyway, here I am again (boiiing) and there's stuff to tell you about, too.
(This pic was taken by my friend Joe Knorpp, who holds the rights to it)
So, let's start with something akin to the "Cover Combo Caveat" mini-series we did a while ago. Lovely, furry, cuddly friend Ralf (okay, sorry, so I couldn't think of suitable adjectives. He's a nice guy - hope you got that impression at least) sent me a youtube link, the content of which I cannot resist posting here for y'alls enjoyment. It features an occurance that I had, in fact, heard stories about before and that kind of sums up the kind of personality/style/taste (or complete lack of it) it takes if you want to hack it with the wedding band crowd. I trust Siggi (the guy in the vid) has recovered fully from his, err, "error of judgment" and is wooing crowds at an anniversary/a birthday party/a stag do somewhere near you as we speak. Rock on, dude! Enjoy, y'all... Yes, so what else? Oh yes, I wanted to tell you about the gig I got to play with my good friends Billy and Hannah on Boxing Day at this little festival back in my home town. I'm awaiting a Skype-load of pictures from the gig as I write and will drop one or two in as soon as they arrive. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and very rewarding. The whole project (the three of us playing under the moniker of "Lawrence Goodman Scheck") was intended as a one-off originally. However, we've had so much positive feedback and enjoyed working together so much that we're seriously considering a continuation, maybe even an album. To that end, obviously, the first thing you need is a website (forget musical talent, creativity, etc. Webspace rules!). If anyone wants to throw some hints my way concerning webhosting/renting webspace, please don't hesitate to do so. eddyquette(at)gmail.com's the word...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable holiday. Here's to your record deal plan, hope everything goes well.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

9:41 PM  
Blogger eddyquette said...

Thank You very much, Lizza!

10:19 PM  
Blogger tobi woerner said...

hey eddy,
war mir ja eine besondere ehre, dich am sonntag im jesustreff zu erblicken.
hoffe, es hat dir gefallen und du hattest eine gute zeit!
ham se dich auch gefilmt und wirst du jetzt berühmt? ;-)
viele grüße und guts neus!
tobi

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home