Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fobbing you off, possums...

'Elloello! Normally, you would be expecting a post from me, wouldn't you? After all, it's Thursday and usually, by about Thursday, I manage to get some sort of rant done and publish it for your entertainment/annoyance. But not today, mwuahahaha... I'm in a heckofa hurry (again) this week and don't know where to find the time to post. Itz not for lack of wanting, trust me - there'd be loads to tell you about, starting with the beautiful sunrise right outside my window here this morning and continuing with a series of posters I'm trying to photograph on my way to uni which I find quite clever (the posters, not my efforts at snapping). I would then like to continue by telling you how several American secret services and MI5 contacted me over the last few days in an attempt to get me to work for them due to my flawless language abilities and slick accents. (This last claim, obviously, would be bogus, but then even if it were true I couldn't tell you, else I'd have to kill you afterwards. And how would I be doing that over the internets, huh?) My continued blogpost-I-wish-I-were-writing would continue to amuse you with accounts of the great party I'm going to attend at the weekend (my friend Joe is back from Morocco) and end on a quote which, while rather rude, I find absolutely brilliant in terms of creative use of the English language. The quote is from an unlikely source, namely Top Gear magazine (not otherwise known for it's verbosity or eloquence). The teaser headline for an article describing the launch of a new model by Lotus (car maker based in Hethel, Norfolk, England), a company perennially semi-bankrupt and always on the brink of disaster, read "Norfolking hope". I have no clue as to whether this is an original idea or a quote, but dare say I found the use of language quite inspired.... Okay, I'll try to do a post proper soon, cheerio meanwhile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home