Monday, May 29, 2006

Wichita Lineman

Bleargh! It's that time of the week again - Monday, I mean. Last week was great, if wearying. Thursday saw the Himmelfahrtsfestival - awesome, awesome, awesome! Had a ball chasing my crew around main stage, hobnobbing with friends and fellow musicians, etc. One band I was very impressed with were the lovely Verra Cruz. Just three guys, drums, bass and guitar/lap steel, no loops or fancy trickery, and yet they rocked the house like I haven't seen in a long time. Way to go, guys! Plus, they're a nice bunch of people, which isn't a given. Whatelse? Still killing myself trying to get ancient Hebrew into my ignorant brain. I wish it wasn't the painful, challenging stuff that builds character and helps us improve. Besides Hebrew, everything is good, fun, etc. at the moment. And yes, I am VERY aware of what a lucky sod I am if my greatest worry is whether or not I'll be able to cram enough gutturals by the end of the semester. I guess it also goes to prove my pet theory that it's not the issues you're dealing with that make you a happy or an unhappy person, it's the way you deal with them, regardless of what they are, that defines your state of mind and happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home