Sunday, April 30, 2006

Nice work if you can get it

Hey! In a dramatic break from tradition, here's a Sunday post. It comes to you courtesy of the fact that C is spending the afternoon revising for her final (final final - the ultimate, the proverbial "it", as Max Quordlepleen would have said) exams and has left me to my own devices for a while. Suits me fine - there's two things I've learnt today which I would like to share. First is: somebody actually reads my blog! I have already received responses to yesterday's blog puzzle (see the post before this one for details - the competition is still open as of today, so get your response in now!). A.ndy, a mystery prize will be winging its way to your doorstep tomorrow! No, "Edmund Turnley" isn't really a studio, but you're so much closer than anyone else so far that I have decided magnanimously to award you a prize anyway. So there! Point Two is something I just picked up from the stuff C is revising for her exams. Apparently, there is something called the "Pygmalion Effect", which I intend to blog about at length here. In a nutshell, the theory behind it is that if a teacher/trainer/coach can envision their pupils/trainees/students as the fully-trained, perfect masters of whatever skill it is these people are being taught, this will have great effect on the successful outcome of the class/training/course. Given the teacher's ongoing vision and commitment, the pupils will, so the theory, eventually become the living image of their trainer's vision. Now, I realise this isn't rocket science, but it still appeals to me greatly. Anyway, that was what I learnt today, and that will be all for now. Have great Sunday evenings, y'all, and I'll talk to you later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I guess my intentional miss didn't work then .. and hey, I've got a little something for you as well, straight from Boots at Heathrow Airport ...

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home