Tuesday, October 24, 2006

When the day is gaaawwn, hold ooonnnn

How are you today? Everybody and their blogger seem to be moving to the new and improved Blogger, but (and I can't resist the terribly corny joke eminently for the picking here - sorry chumps) I do ask myself; is it really Beta? Okay, sorry. Bad humour aside, things are looking uppity here in Wild-boar-stream.
(this image courtesy of www.teichenberg.at)
Fended off my first door-to-door newspaper seller yesterday, which made me feel right at home (we used to have bajillions of them in Heidelberg on a daily basis). In fact, I almost felt sorry for the poor bloke for having heaved himself all the way up the seriously steep incline to our block of flats, just to be snubbed, I'm sure, by the entire inhabitancy of our house. I mean, hey, this is Swabia; we won't buy so much as a paperclip unless a) we're in dire, life-and-death sort of need of one and have already searched the entire house and harangued all our friends and family to no avail. And b) unless you can offer us certified, in-triplicate-writing lifetime-guaranteed proof that your offer is, in fact, THE bestestest available throughout the history of paperclip sales. Plus you've let us haggle the price down by 98 percent from your original quote. And are giving us a free thumb tack thrown into the deal as a sweetener. Then, and only then, we might just consider deigning your offer, provided we're in a good mood and believe a word of what you're saying. Which, given that 99 percent of German door-to-door salesforce are non-Swabians who've been imported specifically to do business from other parts on the Vaterland, is highly unlikely.
(this one's from www.frugalfun.com *shudder*)
So, my message to you today, sleazy and disreputable door-to-door sales people trying to flog Stuff The World Does Not Need in peace-loving Swabia is: Buzz off. Nah. Nuh-uhh. Fuh-geddaboudit. No blinking, tooting, rollerskating way whatso-nope-ever. There, that should do the trick. Happy to help, of course. Read and Learn.
(this one popped up at www.zen32721.co.uk)
Besides that, I don't really have much to show and tell today. University's going creamy oily smooth at the moment. Hmm - should I be worried? Admittedly, I haven't exactly set myself a gruelling schedule, but then that was the plan for this semester in first place. If there's one thing I don't ever want to repeat, it's the little breakdown I had earlier this year. No, thank you. Okay, have good remaining weeks, y'all! Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home